Friday, August 20, 2010

P-days Bring Me Joy

Friday is our missionary's preparation day (P-day), and every Friday since our missionary entered the MTC, we get an e-mail from him at about 2:00 pm CST. Can I just tell you how happy his little notes make me. All day long, I wait for them, and after getting them, I smile and am warm for the longest time.

Not much changes from week to week in the MTC, but I like hearing about it all anyway.

The separation is a sacrifice, and I'd encourage him to go on a mission all over again if I had to, but I miss him. Even though he has already been away for a year at college, I miss seeing his face on Skype and hearing his voice on the phone. His e-mails sound like him, and his writing looks like him, and I know he's there. And that brings me great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment