Monday, August 9, 2010

It's all so bittersweet...

It's all so bittersweet, sending your child on a mission. You've wanted them to go since birth, practically, and now the day has arrived you don't want to let go of them. I am reminded of Hannah who brought her precious son, Samuel, to the temple as her offering to the Lord and in gratitude for the blessing of being his mother. Though not as dramatic, my husband and I took our son and two suitcases and dropped them at the curb of the MTC. Our son had told me he was ready to go, and by the time we had come to that moment I was ready for him to be gone, but that doesn't mean I don't miss him everyday. Sometimes I even yearn for him, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. (And I hope to do it at least four more times in the next twelve years.) It wasn't easy, but it was right. There are just a few things I wish I'd known before he got his call...

No comments:

Post a Comment